180 degree free standing awning
The Destination4WD D180 4WD awning is the BIGGEST 180 degree free standing awning on the market – and you’ll understand what we mean when you open it out to a massive 2.9m wide and enjoy the shade and protection it gives!
Here’s why it’s different:
1. It’s short in length: It’s 2.2m long on your car, but don’t be fooled because it’s MASSIVE when it open out. It has extendable arms!
2. Has extendable arms: The D180 degree free standing awning has extendable and retractable arms, which means every arm opens out to make the awning larger.
3. The awning is super strong: It has a 4mm stainless steel base, which holds the 4x aluminium arms. Each arm is 2mm thick, except at the base where the arms are 4mm thick to give it reinforced strength. Each arm has a solid welded boss that attaches to the base to make it even stronger.
4. UV and water-resistant canvas: The canvas is an Australian canvas that is UV and water-resistant. It has been designed, made and manufactured for Australia’s harsh conditions.
5. Complimentary brackets secure the awning to your car: Our 180 degree free standing awning comes with 2x 3mm stainless steel brackets to secure the awning to your roof rack . They have been carefully created to attach to most roof racks. If you have questions about your particular roof rack, please contact us today.
6. It looks good!: The base pivot bracket is a shiny stainless steel, while the channel and arms have been powder-coated black to give it a sleek look.
7. It’s lightweight: The awning weighs in at 23kg
* Passenger and driver’s side options available
Buy once, buy right!
Easy and quick to setup: Takes less than a minute to open the Destination4WD D270 and D180 4×4 awnings – and only 3 steps: Zip, rip, click!
Completely square: The D270 and D180 4WD awnings offer square edges to give you more coverage, shade and protection.
Australian made: We use Aussie materials and labour, and our 4WD awnings and accessories are 100% made and assembled in Australia.
About the canvas fabric:
Made from Japara cotton fabric. The Japara cotton fabric is impregnated with a paraffin-based wax and is finely woven into a very strong and durable cloth that is thick in texture, but has a silky feel and look. It is also less susceptible to liquids and other staining elements.
SPECS: It is a superfine woven, 65/35 poly/cotton, plain weave Japara, 39.4 ends per cm, 26.8 picks per cm, 265g/sqm (6oz), which means it’s thick, tough and water-resistant and it can survive huge downpours of water (750mm per min). The Dynaproofed™ process guarantees to be waterproof and every batch of the canvas produced to exacting standards.
The Dynaproofed™ chemical formulation also provides resistance against degradation caused from harmful UV, as well as resistance against bacteria, algae and fungi growth. While the canvas guarantees to be waterproof, the technically superior production system for Dynaproofed™ canvas fabrics ensures the chemical formulation is fully integrated into the base fabric and squeezed into the fibres.
PLEASE NOTE: Given large number roof racks available on the market, you will need to establish the installation process for your particular roof rack. Installation is the responsibility of the customer.
Our awnings come with complimentary brackets, however, they may not suit your roof rack and you may need to look at alternative ways to install your awning. Our brackets have been designed to fit most roof racks, however, they don’t fit 100 per cent of all roof racks without modifications. Please ask us if our awnings will fit your roof rack before your purchase.
If you have a specific questions, please contact us for more information.